myprotwo

August 29, 2013, 10:22 PM
Hi Mick, I replied ur post. do check

mickgod1

August 24, 2013, 04:14 AM
Sorry just to be clear I need these parts for my perodua nippa 1998

mickgod1

August 24, 2013, 04:11 AM
Where can I get fuel injectors and or their seals/o rings ????

mickgod1

August 23, 2013, 07:48 PM
Thank you , I have a problem with mums 1998 nippa, it has 'kangaroo juice ' I have changed the air filter - spark plugs - ht leads - distributor cap - rotor arm- and I've tested them all including the coil and they are fine , there is plenty of fuel,  yet it sounds like its running on 1 or 2 cylind

mickgod1

August 23, 2013, 07:03 PM
Cont. Running on 1 or 2 cylinders, does anyone know what the problem is and how I csn fix it?

mickgod1

August 23, 2013, 06:57 PM
Help I'm trying to fix Mums nippa 1998, it has kangaroo juice , sometimes runs for a few minutes but only when its been let stand for a few days , I have changed the air filter  - rotor arm-distributor - spark plugs-ht leads -  and made sure there is petrol in the tank yet it still sounds like its r

Show 50 latest
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 20, 2014, 01:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 3582
  • Latest: murguzz
Stats
  • Total Posts: 7440
  • Total Topics: 4665
  • Online Today: 14
  • Online Ever: 328
  • (August 21, 2013, 08:33 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 2
Total: 2

Author Topic: oil filter alert!  (Read 3606 times)

akeem

oil filter alert!
« on: May 26, 2007, 09:46 AM »
salam sejahtera semua
baru2 ini saya ke perodua svc center (klang area) dan diberitahu bahawa oil filter berwarna putih (warna yg menarik!!) mempunyai 'defect' iaitu o-ring gasket mudah mengeras dan kemudiannya pecah, myk leaking sehinggalah kering.. akhirnya berderai piston dsb.
 ini diberitahu oleh 'owner' svc center itu sendiri kpd saya, kemudiannya 'suggest' agar kita menggunakan yg berwarna hitam (still brand yg sama with holo sticker). beliau telah merujuk kepada pihak perodua (rawang) untuk makluman tetapi kureng mendapat sambutan. so.. any suggestion??
one of my friend recently fraced this problem where her 850 kancil got dried oilpan after top up with new semi synth oil, in less than 4 weeks, while no black smoke or whatever released from the exhaust. suspected the same problem!!...
on that time nobody mentioned about the o-ring oil filter gasket.
any suggestion????

Kizz

• Mod
Re: oil filter alert!
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2007, 11:58 AM »
Just because of different color, gave different results.
Aper brand / sticker kat oil filter tuh?

On the semi-synt oit for  small car / malaysian made cars/ K-car , from my opinion prefer use the normal oil. I heard this is because of climate here and the quality of the engine.

akeem

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2007, 10:52 AM »
those filter still use the same holo sticker....  but the main diff is the quality of the rubber O ring at the filter...
hmm... that was being told by the 'old man' of the svc center...
so he prefer to use the black one./. eventhough the white is much preetier/.//. hehehe ??? ???

projason

• My Angel, My Life....
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 01:10 PM »
the white one is imitate or ori?? if both ori, price different ar? maybe the white one is for Myvi 1.3 or kancil 660 lea? just guessing , the rubber quality is very important, 3 cylinder engine is very hot, my Sentra face over heat before and almost all rubber shield koyak  :o , cost me 800++ for replacement and labour.. kena jaga jaga..

just a brief knowledge of mine and IMHO, mineral, semi or fully synthetic also no problem for M'sia climate, they have ranges of products to suit for each country, the important is the viscosity, for K-car the best is 30W when operating tempreture, not too thin and not too thick ,15W-30,10W-30 , 5W-30, 0W-30 all you can find in market is writen the best for compact car.. where as the 15W to 0W is not so important, coz it only take few min to heat up ur engine to operating tempreture, and this number also indicate the freezing point the oil can tahan, if you live in winter place, yes, lower number will help a lot,but malaysia sure no la.

mineral or synthetic, mineral is cost saving, cheap ma... every 5K change sure no problem, synthetic give more better FC,less deposit build-up mean clean engine, changing interval may tahan longer, but don't follow all what the label says, they usually says can tahan until 20K to 50K or some even more, they say "can tahan upto bla bla" not minimum can use upto.. so for me, 10K to 15K max i change for synthetic. nanti got problem sue oil maker ka??

so for engine oil leaking problem, maybe is the oil too thin when start up, and able to slip through the shield, try down grade the oil, coz old car is like that lo..

please correct me if wrong..

still got many factor to consider,be wise when select if wanna DIY change engine oil, don't simply buy the most expensive oil, waist your $$. sorry :P out of topic already..

akeem

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2007, 10:10 AM »
hullo mr projason..
actually from the naked eyes.. both filter got those hologram stickers (perodua lah).. juga kotaknye sama seperti yg original.. then.. service ctr tu sendiri yg suggestkan...  sebab dia sendiri 'franchise' pero-2  (betul ke franchise?).
mcm tu lah..
regarding the engine oil.. saya setuju ttg beberapa info yg Mr bagi.. cth ttg W for winter viscosity, dll..        utk iklim tropika nih K-kar elok pakai viscosity 30 - 40 (nombor yg depan 'W' tu tak kisah berapa).  ada pula yg suggest nombor depan tu lagi kecik lagi bagus, no. belakang plak lagi besar lagi bagus .. (bukan utk k-kar lah).. contohnya 10W-60 (ni susah nk cari).
          dahulu saya pakai satria 1.3, myk itam maintain 15W-40 castrol, campor Bardahl-1 (1/2 to 1 can). 5 tahun enjin x ada prob, pikap maintain, jgn tak percaya isi $10 (harga myk dahulu) boleh pi sampai 95 - 105km @ maintain 90km/j. satria 1.3 lain paling jimat 75 - 85km/j.
ramai mamat terperanjat juga. kenapa? Bardahl-1 ada kuasa magnetic (pelopor) seperti yg diiklankan oleh castrol magnatec..  tak rugi cuba.. 1 can harga sekarang 11 - 13 kot...  bayangkan 5 tahun pakai....  untung adik aku dpt keta aku!!

xazuru

• Save the Perodua, Save the World
    • xazuru : my life
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2007, 11:14 AM »
i think one of them is the ori, and the other one just immitation.  ::) coz toyota, honda and nissan usually uses a standard type of oil filter (to make it easy for them to change.. also cost effective).

btw, I still don't understand on why do people wants a beautiful oil filter ??? ?? you ain't gonna watch them anyways. for me, I would just go for the better (ori) one. cheers  :D

projason

• My Angel, My Life....
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2007, 11:17 AM »
OO... mcm tu.. from the spare part shop purchase eng oil and filter for sis kenari, i ask for ori, they give white one, katanya ori RM8, then i ask black one they say imitate product RM6 ??? hologram sticker also wo.. imitate better then ori ??? so now start wonder is black, is white..  ???

10W-60 ada, castrol edge gold fully-syn for racing... ya you are right, kalau use kat k-car,FC increase gau gau... operating tempreture viscosity very important, too tick will give better protection but will slow down the piston movement, then FC very bad, i can't imagine 60 given to k-car, maybe will make the engine breakdown. not funny, could happen. the piston too small for tick oil, and enagy use to push the piston up and down waste on the oil increase. the masurement of e.g 10W-60 is the time in second the oil flow trough the pipe, 10W means 10 second flow trough the pipe in winter tempreture, and 60 is 60sec for operating tempreture. 0W is different case.

Bardahl-1 is an additive for engine oil, if that your case worth to try for my baby as well, thanks  ;D . but i'm using castrol magnatec, will it be too much magnetic?

xazuru

• Save the Perodua, Save the World
    • xazuru : my life
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2007, 11:34 AM »
whether they'll be too much magnetic. or the magnet attracts with each other...

akeem

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2007, 01:27 PM »
hi
generally the magnet will attract to the metal parts inside the enging, that are pistons, oilpans, crank, cam etc etc.. staying as a thin layer,,, sure they have already do some calculations with it...
 ;)